Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Board Make Over!

I've had this board for nearly 2 years and it's still as good as new. I realized it would be much easier to change the content, messages, and pictures that you put up on your desk. I saw a white and gold board from Pinterest and i was hooked! I was challenged to step it up a notch.


The tools that i used (okay i didn't need all of the above):
  • Wood Paint (acrylic would have done the job, didn't found the colors i wanted)
  • Paint Thinner 
  • Paint Brush
  • Masking Tape



The idea was to figure out a pattern that you would like and don't mind staring at most of the time with colors that you personally like! Mine was gold, white, and cyan (a shade of blue). 

1. Tape the area of the board that you are not going to paint. The idea of using a masking tape and not any other tape is that it doesn't stick, so make sure you get this part right.





2. Have fun with the paint! As you could see, i'm not the neatest painter. I spilled the paint and looked at that huge stain on the top. If you have the time you could dissolve it with thinner to get rid of the blotch.

3. Making sure your paint is dry, this took me around an hour by putting the painted-board near the window on a bright sunny day. Learn from my mistakes, open your windows or doors, my room stinks of fresh paint for the next 2 days. 

4. Peal off masking tape, and paint whichever part is left. Repeat process :)




Sooo this was my finished look. My first addition to the Re-Organizing Desk series! I was tad bit disappointed that it didn't turned out cyan or anything blue, i guess the material absorbed the colour and turned it somewhat green. However, overall i loooved how it looked with my other tiny bits that you will see in my up coming posts. I know it still looks quite deserted, i'm thinking of making my own motivational quotes on cards, but we'll see. 

Any ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment