Sunday, February 22, 2015

DIY Tassels for Room Decoration

I caught myself thinking that i need even more colors for my working area. I got this idea off Pinterest, even party decorations could do great to give more life in to your room. 

Making one tassel are easy and fast, but for it to really work is to have tons of these with fun different colors. I really liked blue and yellow together but was even more happy with the result i have now. It really is a center piece that attracts me to walk over to the desk and study haha!




What you need: 
1. Crepe paper
2. Scissors
3. Washi tapes (any tapes would be fine)



How to:
1. I cut the crepe paper 30 cm by 30 cm.
2. Then i went on cutting the frills, 1 cm wide.
3. Lay it open, oh I actually made them into 2 sections of 15cm. 
4. Twist! and create a loop by intertwining the edges together
5. Note to self: take better pictures 

I made this blog as a self-improvement program, really promising to myself that i'd explore what i like. I enjoy the process of weekly shopping to the material store, and shutting myself from the world every now and then when i do little things like this. It challenges me to find the type of DIYs that i really like, and actually useful. Learning what i need to improve, like it really bothers me that i know nothing about web development and photoshop for that matter, or how to take a decent picture with decent lighting.

So, what i'm saying is, it's okay to go out of your comfort zone and try to find out what you like, you'll discover new things in the process. It's a long shot but maybe a few years or even months, you'd be really good at it and wished you started sooner!

Love,
Ts.

No comments:

Post a Comment